Watson Realty Corp. was a longtime dream of our founder, Mr. William A. Watson, Jr., starting in his early days as a real estate and insurance student at Stetson University. After a few years of working as a partner in a real estate firm, he decided it was time to open his own company. Shortly thereafter, with help and sacrifice from his wife Janelle, Mr. Watson opened Watson Realty Corp. (originally operating as the William A. Watson Corporation for the first few years of business) as a single-storefront company on December 16th, 1965.
From these humble beginnings, Watson would continue to rapidly grow into one of Northeast Florida’s most trusted real estate companies thanks to Mr. Watson’s founding principles of strong, ethical leadership and salesmanship and the desire to deliver legendary quality service to customers.
Watson announces its merger with All Florida Realty, extending its footprint further south into cities like Melbourne, Port St. Lucie, Vero Beach, and Port Charlotte.
Watson Realty Corp celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Watson Title Services of North Florida, Inc is established.
Watson Realty Corp.’s workforce continues to grow as it reaches 1,000 sales associates.
Watson Mortgage Corp. is established with the goal of offering customers exceptional lending services with the same legendary customer service for which the Watson brand is known.
Watson celebrates a major milestone as it opens its first out-of-state office in St. Marys, Georgia.
By 1979, Watson had expanded beyond Jacksonville with branches in Gainesville, Orlando, Longwood, Deland, and Daytona.
Watson Corporation of Jax officially becomes Watson Realty Corp.
The William A. Watson Corporation officially changes names to Watson Corporation of Jax.
The first branch office of Watson Corporation of Jax is established at 1800 Rogero Road in the Arlington area of Jacksonville.
Mr. Watson opens the company’s first corporate office in a renovated military housing residence on Atlantic Boulevard in Jacksonville, Florida.
Mr. Watson founds the William A. Watson Corporation.